Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gotta love the internet!

One of the participants in my Art workshop took photos and put them online.  And now I can share too!  Thanks, Kali :)

It was a super fun afternoon and these baskets were a real treat to share with others.  The possibilities are endless as far as materials go.  If you want to make one, let me know and I can send you the info.

Making newspaper strips.

Putting the base together.

Adding string to lock it in.  String comes out later.

The chaos of beginning the weave structure.

Clothespins make up for humans only having 2 hands!

The bottom of the basket.

Finished basket - string removed.
Everyone hard at work.


Making a basket with bristol board.


Finished bristol board basket.  I love the finish at the top!

On the left:  A pizza box basket.  On the right:  A newspaper basket.

Basket miniature - using 75mm strips.  Teeny tiny work!

No comments:

Post a Comment